Special Collection, June 14
Tradition continues…no matter how weird this time may be!
For the past several years, Cedars has held a June Food Drive to help Fishline and Helpline House fill their shelves with kid-focused food for the summer. More children than ever before rely on free or reduced-price school lunches, and in many cases breakfast, too. When school is out, the children and their families are left without this help, and they must fill in these meals at home. This can be nearly impossible for some. That is when they turn for help to Helpline House and Fishline.
This year is especially important, as so many families need help; so many kids need food.
Please join in and step up to help Cedars keep our food support tradition strong. We have a new design for the old food drive this year. Since we cannot collect and deliver the food, we want to collect and deliver checks that will help these locations purchase food. Here is how it will work:
- Make your check out to either Helpline House of Fishline–you choose where you would like your donation to go. If you would like to split your donation between both agencies, please write 2 separate checks.
- Send your check(s) to the Cedars Office, 284 Madrona Way SW # 128, Bainbridge Island WA 98110.
- Write your e-mail address clearly in the memo section of your check, and the agency will send you a receipt for tax purposes.
- Checks will be sent to the two agencies with the explicit request that the donations be used for kid-focused food for the summer months.
- Please send your check no later than Friday, June 19.
Your generosity will make a difference!
-Social Action Committee